LAST UPDATED: [10/23/2017]
Information We Collect
Information You Provide Us
Pet Parent Registration Information: When you sign up for a VitusVet account as a Pet Parent, you provide us with information about yourself, including:
· Email address
· Phone number
You may choose to sign in using your Facebook account credentials, in which case we collect your Facebook account ID, name, and birthday.
You may provide us with information about your pet and veterinarian, including:
· Pet characteristics (including but not limited to photo, name, breed, microchip ID, and allergy information)
· Your veterinarian's practice name and contact information
· Your pet insurance plan and policy number
You may also provide us with contact information for other individuals, such as your friends and family, whom you would like to invite to join the services or see your pet's information.
Vet Registration Information: When you sign up for a VitusVet subscription as a Vet, you provide us with information about yourself and your veterinary practice, including:
· Email address
· Phone number
· Practice name and location
· Information about your practice management software and contact information for deployment..
Purchase Information: If you make a purchase using a credit or debit card through the Services, your payment information will be collected by a third-party payment provider and not by us. We may collect contact information such as name and email in order to facilitate purchase and provide customer support.
Pet Medical Information
Pet Parents may provide us with information about their pet's medical records and appointments ("Pet Medical Information"), including copies of medical records and notes.
We collect information about our Vets' clients ("Client Information") through our downloadable software tool, including:
· Email address
· Phone number
· Information about clients' pets
Communications. If you contact us directly or sign up to receive our newsletters, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact our Customer Support Team, we will receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically From Your Use of the Services
We may use this information, for example, to ensure that the Services function properly, to determine how many users have visited certain pages or opened messages or newsletters, or to prevent fraud. We use IP address to derive your approximate location.
How We Use Your Information
We only use Client Information to send notifications and reminders to clients as per our Vets' instructions.
We may use the information we
collect about Pet Parents and Vets:
· For marketing purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest.
To personalize your experience on the Services by presenting
products and offers tailored to you.
We may aggregate data collected through the Services and may use
and disclose it for any purpose.
· For our business purposes, such as account verification, audits, security, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, fraud monitoring and prevention.
· To enforce our Terms of Service or other legal rights.
How We Share Your Information
We disclose Pet Parent or Vet information that we collect through the Services in the following circumstances:
· To other Pet Parents, consistent with your choices. If you choose to connect with other Pet Parents, we share information you provide about your pet, including Pet Medical Information, with those Pet Parents.
· To Pet Parents' veterinarian, insurance company, kennel, family, or pet sitter, consistent with your choices. If you choose to share medical records with a third party, we share information you provide about your pet, including Pet Medical Information, with those third parties.
· To our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, payment processing, identity verification, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, online advertising, auditing, and other services.
· To our advertising and marketing partners in order to promote our Services, including joint marketing partners and affiliates.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites or online services, based on information relating to your access and use of the Services and other websites or online services. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through use of pixel tags). To learn more about this practices, and to learn about your choices in connection with it, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance's Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising at www.aboutads.info, or the Network Advertising Initiative at www.networkadvertising.org.
· To a potential or actual acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
· If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may use and disclose aggregate information that does not identify or otherwise relate to an individual for any purpose, unless we are prohibited from doing so under applicable law.
Third Party Services
We use certain physical, organizational, and technical safeguards that are designed to maintain the integrity and security of information that we collect. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and thus we cannot and do not guarantee the security of your data. It is important that you maintain the security and control of your account credentials, and not share your password with anyone.
Your Choices and Access
From time to time, we send marketing e-mail messages to our users. If you no longer want to receive such emails from us on a going forward basis, you may opt-out via the "unsubscribe" link provided in each such email.
We may also send Pet Parents text (SMS) messages at the mobile phone number you provide, such as reminders for upcoming appointments or when your medication is due for a refill. Standard message and data rates apply. You may opt-out of receiving text messages at any time by replying STOP to any VitusVet text you receive, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating that you no longer wish to receive VitusVet texts along with the phone number of the mobile device receiving the messages. You may continue to receive text messages for a short period while the Company processes your request, and you may also receive text messages confirming the receipt of your opt-out request.
Use of Services by Minors
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that they not provide personal information through the Services.
International Cross-Border Data Transfer
VitusVet uses servers hosted in the United States. Please note that we may be transferring your information outside of your region for storage and processing in the United States and around the globe. By using the Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.